GAME DAY AGENDA FOR BAND - SATURDAY, DEC. 17, 2016
Senior Band Members will receive invitations to participate in game by mail. Any Senior not receiving letter in mail
please contact their school band director!
7:30AM Buses from Americas, Andress, Bowie, Canutillo, Horizon, Parkland and Ysleta arrive at Sun Bowl North Gate (by Durham Ctr)
*Seniors from schools not listed above must provide THEIR OWN transportation
Game patches will be on sale as band members arrive...$10 ..........................................................................................................................................................................................
8:00AM-11:15AM Band rehearsal in Sun Bowl
11:30AM Band proceeds to east side first floor concourse to be fed pizza and drinks.
Band members dress into band uniforms AFTER lunch
12:20PM Band is seated in designated area in Sun Bowl
12:20PM Drum Line sets up on 20 yard line on east side of football field for player introductions
1:05PM GAME TIME!
*****Band plays throughout the game*****
HALFTIME Band performs after JROTC Presentation! (8 miniute performance)
4th QUARTER Band may begin exiting 5 MINUTES into fourth quarter with 7 MINUTES left on the game clock. Everyone is encouraged to stay however.
SENIOR BAND MEMBERS MUST CHECK WITH BAND DIRECTORS
Seniors remember to apply for scholarships by January 31, 2017 with PAT ONEILL AT YISD.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE MAILED IN INVITATION OR CAN BE PICKED UP BY BAND DIRECTOR.
Dear Senior All Star Band/Flags Participant:
Congratulations! The Greater El Paso Football Showcase invites you to participate in the Greater El Paso Football Showcase All Star Game on Saturday, December 17, 2016 in the beautiful Sun Bowl Stadium. This game is an El Paso tradition consisting of senior football players, athletic trainers, marching band and flag members, mascots, choir, JROTC cadets, cheerleaders, and dance teams from throughout the County of El Paso.
All El Paso County seniors will perform alongside several area marching bands during a halftime led by NMSU Director of Instrumental Studies Ingrid Larragoity-Martin, guest conductor. The show will include a choreographed dance performance coordinated by Laura's Production. Full marching bands participating are: Chapin HS, Bel Air HS, Socorro HS, Canutillo HS, San Elizario HS, Clint HS and Anthony HS.
If you are interested in participating in the halftime, plan to attend a meeting at 6:30 pm on Tuesday, November 29th at YISD Central Office, 9600 Sims, in the Ysleta Room on the second level. At this time photos will be taken for the game program. You do not need to wear your uniform or bring your instrument. Please note that ONLY SENIORS need to attend.
The purpose of the meeting is the following:
* Meet with Band Director to receive information for practice/game.
* Take Band/Flags group picture for the All Star Game Program.
* Receive your complimentary "All Star" T Shirt.
You will have an opportunity to order/purchase the following (optional):
* Purchase game tickets for family and friends for $5.00 each (only on this day!). Pre-sale tickets will be available at all high school campuses until Dec. 14th for $6.00 each. Tickets will be $8.00 at the gate.
* Purchase souvenir All Star patch for $10 each. An allotted number of patches will be reserved for band on this night only. Patches are limited and sell fast!
* Order All Star program photos, group photos and memory shots for game program or video of the All Star game halftime. Memory messages are $15 (25 word max). Program ads range from $75 to $250.
* All orders on Tuesday, November. 29th must be paid with cash, check, or credit card (VISA/MasterCard). Please make checks payable to Greater El Paso Football Showcase.
As a senior All Star participant you will be eligible for a $1,000 scholarship. Last year 20 $1,000.00 scholarships were awarded to participants. Enclosed is an All Star scholarship application which must be completed and submitted to Mr. Pat O' Neill at Ysleta ISD by noon, January 31, 2017 if you wish to be considered for selection. Once again congratulations! You have joined an elite group by reaching the honor of participating as an ALL STAR in the 25th Annual Greater El Paso Football Showcase. "A Great El Paso Football Tradition"
Greater El Paso Football Showcase Executive Director